The houses have a 67 m2 area, comprising one room with a double bed with ample garden view; living room with a sofa bed, flat screen TV, cable; a kitchen equipped with an electric stove, microwave, toaster, kettle and a bathroom with bathtub and hair dryer.
The windows and doors are double-glazed which keep out any noise from outside. Their little terrace is ideal for having your meals outdoors or to rest as you read a book.
The Quinta has baby cots, Wi-Fi, a safe located on the reception, a laundry facility, bicycles, car parking and barbecue equipment on request, available free of charge.
Here on Quinta dos Curubás we believe that living in a different way is possible. Hence the Quinta dos Curubás is strongly committed to sustainability, efficiency, reducing waste and in the use of healthy products for the environment. We also feel it’s important to help our community because it is what supports and validates our journey towards sustainability. We mainly believe that living in tune with nature is something logical and actually quite pleasant.
Quinta dos Curubás has an Environment Policy with its own initiatives and some recommendations inviting guests to make their stay as light for the environment as a feather. Some of the adopted practices include:
- • Rainwater is collected for use in toilets and for the garden, using a drip irrigation system in the cooler time of the day
- • Bed linen is changed at the request of the guest, or after 4 days.
- • The washing and drying machines are used only with full loads and the detergents used are biological.
- • All equipment is electric, no gas is used
- • All electric equipment is of low energy and the water is heated by solar energy
- • When possible all utilities work from 22h to 6h
- • The Quinta has won an award by the electrical company E.D.A.: Energetic Efficiency Diploma, corresponding to a usage reduction of 13% in the years 2013\2014
- • Organic waste is reused, recycled, separated for recycling or returned to credited suppliers
- • Organic waste is used in making compost
- • Guests are encouraged to recycle and be informed and guided about the recycling process
- • We have a partnership with a nursing home for recycling used cork.
- • We are also in partnership with Quinta da Palmeira for the supply of locally grown fruits and vegetables
- • Our houses were made in Portugal.
- Rainwater collection station
- Solar Panels